PlanPort is blockchain-driven project that aims to transform the supply chain, particularly the procurement industry. Planport is building open source solutions for the supply chain 2.0, initially procurement and sourcing solutions. Procurement is one of the core supply chain management functions and vital part of small to large companies, as they can spend over 75% of their revenue on it, therefore success and opportunities for all companies depend on it. It involves sourcing for suitable suppliers and buying goods and services that these businesses and organisation operate on.
- Manual Process. To source for any product and have it moved from its point of origin to the place where the business intends to put it to use, the procuring department has to go through a harrowing process dotted with numerous disjointed legacy systems. And this accounts for why most procurement heads resort to using spreadsheets, email and other tedious manual processes.
- Closed and Centralized access. In most cases, businesses are forced to contract expert personnel for their different needs. This personnel does not come cheap and cost companies millions of dollars. This is as a result of specialised firms who contract their staff to businesses on strict timeframes.
- Supplier Management. From verification and responding to requests and payment processes, the current B2B relationship is costly, and the problem starts with the disorganised and inefficient procurement and sourcing system. The high remittance fees combined with sophisticated and unfair payment terms is making the current process painful.
- Contractual Nightmares. Due to the varying jurisdictions and regulatory rules that businesses and their partners operate in, contracting a great sourcing partner in the present systems is mired with a lot of manual labour, terrible verification systems, and inefficient enforcement tools. The process involves inconsistent and email intensive processes, lengthy negotiations and approval life cycle, lack of tight control, and legal risk for non-standard contracts
- Inefficient B2B remittance. In regards to the consumers, payments are made at the point of sale, while in the B2B world, business payments mostly take place weeks or months after goods and services have been delivered. This creates a problematic vacuum between the funds being sent and the description of the payment, which in turn translates to errors in the cash-flow.
- Trade finance problems. One of the problems that suppliers face today is dealing with fees as high as 20% on their receivables due to third-party organisations, at the same time, there is also a problem of duplication of invoices and fraud within the $3 trillion worth industry of Invoice factoring.
The supply chain process has many stages which require concerned parties to use a collaborative approach throughout its lifecycle. Planport simplifies this process by unifying the entire procurement process end-to-end with the power of the blockchain technology. Moreover, Planport intends to create a seamless interaction right from on-boarding, monitoring, issuing and expenditure management, payment processes and performance analysis, among others.
- Token Port
- PreICO Price 1 PORT = 0.17 USD
- Price 1 PORT = 0.20 USD
- Bounty Available
- MVP/Prototype Available
- Platform Ethereum
- Accepting ETH, BTC, Fiat
- Hard cap 20,000,000 USD
- Country UK
- Whitelist/KYC KYC & Whitelist
- Restricted areas USA